Prerequisites: Mandatory knowledge for future Master students
Those who wish to apply for the master’s program in ICT at FAU must have some prior knowledge from their bachelor’s program.
Please read the following list carefully! These previous knowledge is mandatory for the study!
- Engineering math: linear algebra, complex analysis, linear differential equations, Fourier transform, Laplace transform, z-transform
- Signals and Systems (textbook, e.g., Oppenheim/Willsky, Signals and Systems)
- Communications (textbook, e.g., Haykin, Communication Systems)
- Stochastic Processes (textbook, e.g., Pillai/Papoulis: Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes)
- Digital Signal Processing: A.V. Oppenheim and R. Schafer, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 3rdedition, Prentice Hall, 2013.
- Software: MATLAB
- Knowledge in fundamentals of algorithms and datastructures
- Knowledge in digital circuit design
- Basic knowledge in programming languages, e.g., C.C++, Java
Self-assessment test for ICT Applicants: https://www.studon.fau.de/crs3483115.html (important for Campo application!)